Thursday, July 16, 2009
JobOp: Web Content Specialist (TEKsystems)
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Category: Information Technology Jobs
Rate: Based on experience.
Job Type: Contract-to-Hire
Posting ID: 1952004
Posting Date: 7/15/2009
Web Content Specialist Job Description:
Our client, located in Harrisburg, is currently seeking an experienced Web Content Specialist to join their team on a six (6) month contract to hire basis.
This position will primarily be responsible for working with Website Portfolio Manager, Web Production Specialist, Web Production Assistant, and other staff to design and write web content for the company's public websites.
Day-to-day responsibilities and functions will include:
1. Creates, delivers and edits site content and collateral in a timely manner, consistent with the voice, brand and established standards of functionality, clarity and information quality.
2. Works closely with cross-functional groups to design and deliver compelling user interface messages.
3. Prepares content from knowledge of topic, supplemented by input from various lines of business and other constituencies.
4. Creates customer-centric web site information architectures that are experiential, scalable, intuitive and easy to use
5. Coordinates the content, navigation and design of web sites through collaboration with customer experience designers, analysts and UI developers.
6. Develops, refines and implements content patterns to promote content usability, uniformity and management.
7. Presents ideas and concepts to cross-functional teams for validation and buy-in and incorporates feedback appropriately.
8. Generates contextual help, error messages and other instructional text for web applications.
9. Assists in development of web-based standards, guidelines, and conventions.
10. Stays abreast of current trends and industry techniques to determine if they can enhance agency content.
11. Assists with web marketing campaigns to ensure effective messaging that will aid in successful conversions to meet the campaign’s goals.
12. Documents content requirements for all public web content projects and marketing initiatives.
Required Skills for Web Content Specialist Job:
2 YRS ORGANIZING WRITING WEB CONTENT
EXPERT KNOWLEDGE OF WEB WRITING PRACTICES
KNOWLEDGE OF INFORMATION MAPPING TECHNIQUES
USER INTERFACE DESIGN EXPERIENCE
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF MACROMEDIA DREAMWEAVER
Join TEKsystems® and get your career on the fast track. As the leading technology staffing and services firm, we are passionate about deploying high-caliber IT and communications expertise. To satisfy our constant need for expertise, we actively seek talented Technical Professionals with all levels of information technology and communications skills. TEKsystems knows that every professional has different needs, so we'll work together to determine a suitable benefits package. We offer options to our Technical Professionals that could include: a health plan, 401k, provisions for vacation and holiday pay, and technical and professional training. With a foundation as the nation's largest IT staffing firm, we've become a billion-dollar services company by blending superior client service with an unrivaled ability to source and manage talent to precise specifications, resulting in successful technology executions. Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. M/F/D/V
Darrell N Mudd
Apply Now! Begin by filling out the "Apply Online for this Job" section at the top of the page
Need Directions? Get office driving directions with Google Maps
TEKsystems - Harrisburg, PA
4392 Sturbridge Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110
TEL: (717) 526-1944
TEL: (888) 768-3946 x1944
FAX: (717) 526-1988