Sunday, November 15, 2009
TechWeds - November 18, 2009 : First Look at Lightroom 3
Date: November 18, 2009
Start time: 1:00pm ET (New York)
Adobe’s Product Manager for Lightroom 3 will show you what’s new with these public Beta products. You’ll get the deluxe tour through new tools, powerful updated features, and product enhancements.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Beta – Available Now on Adobe Labs
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom team is proud to introduce the third public beta of its application designed by and for photographers. For those that aren’t familiar with Lightroom, it is an intuitive digital darkroom and efficient assistant that offers serious photographers-amateur and professional- what they need to easily manage, enhance, and showcase their images from one application.
Adobe is offering a public beta release of the next version of Lightroom to give photographers a chance to preview some of the new features and enhancements that will be part of Lightroom 3, and to help Adobe gather valuable user feedback to be used to help Lightroom 3 be an even better digital darkroom and efficient assistant solution.
Key new features and advancements in the Lightroom 3 Beta include:
· Accelerated performance—work smoothly with growing image libraries
· Importing made much easier—see exactly where Lightroom will copy files off your card and then use import presets to get fast repeatable results
· New image processing controls, including powerful noise reduction and new film grain simulation
· New flexible watermarking—embed identities or other information in your images
· More flexible print package layouts—add as many different images in whatever configuration desired on a single page or multiple pages
· Ability to save slideshows as videos and include audio
· Integration with online photo sharing sites (may require third-party plug-ins)
This exciting Lightroom 3 public beta is available world-wide, in English only, and can be found on Adobe Labs. You don’t need to be a current Lightroom user to try it. As important members of Adobe’s partner community, Adobe would like you to experience the Lightroom 3 beta and provide Adobe with early feedback.